1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C almond butter
2 T peanut oil
10 packets of splenda (or 3 T sugar or other sweetener)
1/4 C agave nectar
3 large eggs
1/2 t vanilla
3/4 C whole wheat flour (feel free to experiment with some of the newer flours on the market, like almond, coconut, or soy)
1/2 t baking soda
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
1/4 t ginger
1/2 C vanilla whey powder
2 C oats
1 C dried apricots (snipped into quarters with kitchen shears)
1/2 C sliced almonds (or similar nuts)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together first seven ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in dry fruit and nuts.
- Thoroughly spray a 9 X 13 glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread batter evenly in sprayed pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- Store in a covered container or glass cookie jar.
Note: each cookie contains approximately 128 calories and packs a powerful protein punch!