1/2 C flour
1 T paprika
1 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg
2 C milk
1 pound imitation crabmeat cut into chunks
1 pound of any seafood (fish, shrimp, scallops) cooked (fish should be cooked and flaked into bite-sized chunks).
- Melt butter and mix in spices & flour with a wire whisk to make a roux.
- Stir and cook roux for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Gradually add milk to roux stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens to a creamy orange-pink sauce.
- Fold in cooked seafood.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve over buttered rice.
- Should make 2 large or 4 small portions.