Don't throw out those slimy pumpkin seeds when you carve this year's jack 'O lanterns. Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of protein, dietary fiber, iron, potassium, and other nutrients. A one-ounce serving of pumpkin seeds contains nearly 20% of the Daily Value (DV) for magnesium and zinc, and 10% DV for copper. Magnesium supports cardiovascular health and the formation of strong bones, while zinc plays an important role in supporting the immune system. Copper helps control inflammation and supports the production of oxygen-rich blood cells.
- Seeds from any size pumpkin (rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Louise's Rub (Opt.)
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Toss seeds with spices and spread on cookie sheet.
- Roast in a 350°oven for 1.5 hours or until seeds are light brown and very crunchy.