Do you want to increase your brain power and body strength with one of the most powerful foods imaginable?
Chia seeds impart power and energy to a well-balanced diet.
Ten benefits to adding chia seeds to your diet are:
1. Nutritious. Chia seeds provide calcium and protein to your tissues. The seeds are also rich in boron, which helps the body assimilate and use calcium. The nutrients also support proper brain functioning.
2. Water loving. The seeds can soak up ten times their weight in water. Try this fun experiment. Put one tablespoon of chia seeds in a cup of water and stir. Wait a few hours and see what happens. When inside your body, the seeds help you stay hydrated longer, and retain electrolytes.
3. Easily digestible. The shells are easily broken down, even when swallowed whole. This is an improvement over flax seeds, which have to be ground to be digested properly.
4. Concentrated. If I could only take one cup of food for a few days, I'd choose chia seeds!
5. Mild tasting. Unlike some seeds, the flavor is very mild. The mild taste makes it easy to put in any recipe you want. They won't really change the taste, but will add to your nutrition!
6. Energy enhancing.
7. Versatile. The seeds can be used to replace less-healthy fat in just about any recipe. You can use them uncooked in salad dressings, spreads, fruit shakes, ice cream, and just about anything you want. You can also add them to cookies, cakes, muffins, and other baked goods.
8. Slimming and trimming. Yes, the seeds will help you lose weight, for two reasons. The first reason is that they are so filling that you will eat less of other foods. The second reason is that they actually bulk up and cleanse your intestines.
9. Endurance enhancing. Chia seeds are known as the "Indian Running Food".
10. Regenerating. After eating, the nutrients travel to the cells very quickly due to the ease in digestion.