1/2 cup butter, divided
1 (8 ounce) package uncooked medium egg noodles
1 tablespoon onion flakes
2 tablespoons Chives
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
1 cup frozen peas & Carrots, thawed
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a medium baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente -- drain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the onion, chives, celery, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, until celery is tender. Increase heat to medium-high, and mix in mushrooms. Continue to cook and stir 5 more minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan, and whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tuna, peas, mushroom mixture, and cooked noodles. Transfer to the baking dish. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl, mix with bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake 25 - 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.