Who doesn't remember our moist and delicious GWH Banana Bread . . . This was a morning basic for our breakfast bar. The recipe also ties in well with my story: Cake with a Kick appearing on my Writing Blog this weekend. Enjoy!
Recipe By : Louise
Serving Size : 13
Categories : Breakfast
1 cup butter—or marg
2 cups sugar
2 cups bananas—mashed about 6
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 5/8 cups flour, all-purpose
1 1/3 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup walnuts—chopped
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add banana, eggs, and vanilla—mix well.
3. Measure all dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk and blend well.
5. Stir in nuts and pour into a greased and floured loaf or bundt pan.
6. Bake @ 350° for 60-75 minutes.
1 month ago