Favorite Dog Biscuits
Requested by Linda C.
Recipe by Louise
Categories: Misc., Pets
Yield: 12 Servings
2 1/2 Cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 Cup powdered milk
1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
1-teaspoon brown sugar
6 Tablespoons butter *NOTE: margarine, shortening, vegetable oils, bacon fat, or meat juices may be used.
1 egg, beaten
1/2 Cup ice water
1. Combine the flour, milk, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal – a heavy-duty fork or pastry blender works well for this.
3. Mix in egg then add enough ice water to make a ball.
4. Pat dough down or roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
5. Cut out shapes with a cookie or biscuit cutter and bake on a lightly oiled cookie sheet for 25 minutes at 350º.
6. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
10 months ago